ZipWall® 10 spring-loaded dust barrier poles are strong and lightweight, telescope up to 10 feet high and twist to lock. They are an ideal dust protection solution for residential remodeling, renovation, and repair work. Contractors and DIY home owners alike find these poles easy to use, easy to store, and a significant time saver.
Each spring-loaded pole takes seconds to set up without a ladder. The innovative non-skid, non-marking head locks the barrier material onto the pole, allowing it to be raised with the pole, and holds it securely in place without damaging the ceiling. A tight dust barrier can be set up in just a few minutes, one pole at a time, without ladders, tape, or damage.
The 2-Pack is a great add-on for an existing ZipWall® Dust Barrier System. Two poles can also be used to seal off a hallway or a small room less than 10 feet wide.
- Spring-loaded design for quick, easy, and safe setup
- Strong and lightweight stainless steel construction
- Telescope up to 10′ 3″ (from 4′ 2″)
- Innovative non-skid, non-marking head and plate
- Each pole weighs just 1.5 lb
- GripDisks™ prevent sliding on smooth floors
- Work with positive and negative air
- Help comply with the EPA RRP rule
Contents Two 10′ ZipPole® stainless steel spring-loaded poles with parts (heads, plates, and GripDisk™ non-slip pads). Plastic sheeting is not included.
Weight: 4.1 lb
Dimensions: 50.25″ x 3″ x 2.25″
Tips for setting up a dust barrier
- When using plastic, cut it to size ahead of time.
- Set up the barrier one pole at a time starting at the wall. Leave the plastic loose at the bottom and make sure the spring at the top of the pole is not compressed all the way.
Once ALL poles are in place, do the following:
- Tuck the plastic under each pole.
- Place a GRIP DISK on the floor under the pole.
- Compress the spring at the top of each pole all the way up.
IMPORTANT: Placing a GripDisk™ non-skid pad under each pole ensures the barrier will stay securely in place even on smooth floors or when used with negative air pressure.
Applications for ZipWall dust barrier poles
The ZipWall® dust barrier is used for dust protection in remodeling, renovation, restoration, painting, drywall, flooring, demolition, concrete cutting, sanding, and any interior job that generates dust. Beyond construction, the ZipWall® barrier system is widely used for abatement, mold remediation, water damage or flood restoration, and other interior jobs where contaminants in the dust are a concern. Another driver for the use of ZipWall® barriers is OSHA’s new Silica Rule for Construction which requires the implementation of dust controls.
Heavy users of ZipWall® products include professional contractors – general contractors and tradesmen – and facility managers. ZipWall® barriers can be found in healthcare facilities, hospitality and retail spaces, manufacturing, government and education buildings, transportation and property management buildings, and of course, in the residential market where the ZipWall® system originated.